Tuna pasta is a great meal that everyone will love. It’s quick and easy to make, but it’s also delicious and filling. You can serve it with a salad or some crusty French bread for dipping in your sauce for added texture. This is one of my favorite meals to make because it’s so easy, but it’s also one of my husband’s favorites because he loves the creamy tomato sauce that goes with it!
Tuna Pasta Recipe
What you will need to cook perfect Tuna Pasta Recipe:
- Tuna (we recommend canned)
- Pasta – we used penne but any shape will work!
- Tomato – diced or crushed, depending on your preference. You can also add fresh basil if you have it on hand!
- Onion – diced small and sauteed in olive oil until translucent then added to the pasta mixture at the end of cooking time.
- Garlic – minced and sauteed with onions until softened before adding to pasta mix as well.
- Olive Oil – a few tablespoons should do just fine here but feel free to add more if needed! This helps keep everything moist while cooking so don’t skimp out on this ingredient!
Tuna Pasta Recipe Ingredients
The ingredients for this tuna pasta recipe are:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
Tuna Pasta Recipe How To Make
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onions, then cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tuna, parsley and salt to taste; cook until warmed through (about 1 minute). Don’t overcook the fish! You want it to stay tender and flaky when you bite into it not dry or rubbery like canned tuna can sometimes get if cooked too long.
- Drain pasta well; add it back into pot along with the sauce mixture from step 3 above.
- Stir together until evenly coated with sauce before serving hot immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Tuna Pasta Recipe When to Make
This tuna pasta recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a new way to spice up your weeknight dinner routine. You can make it whenever you want to try something new and experiment with new ingredients, such as lemon juice and anchovies. It’s also great when you have a craving for pasta or tuna, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen!
Tuna Pasta Recipe This Is a Yummy And Healthy Recipe
Tuna pasta recipe is a yummy and healthy recipe. It is easy to make, quick meal, low calorie meal and good source of protein.
This tuna pasta recipe will give you all the nutrients that your body needs to function properly. Tuna has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids which are great for your heart health because they help lower cholesterol levels in the body.
This tuna pasta recipe is perfect for a quick dinner or snack that you can make in just minutes. It has all the flavors of a classic Italian pasta dish with the added bonus of being packed with protein from the tuna and chickpeas!